Anytime Fitness has around 500 gyms spread across all states in Australia with over 500,000 members. They also have 4,000+ gyms around the world and your membership provides access to all of those facilities.
With so many clubs and 24/7 access with security monitoring, Anytime Fitness easily works around your lifestyle. There is a strong focus on value with a friendly atmosphere and good facilities combined with a relatively low membership cost. This is great for people who have simple requirements or are self-sufficient in their training needs. Inexperienced people (who aren’t prepared to invest in a personal trainer) or those looking to join a full-service ‘health club’ will probably not find the support they are looking for.
Anytime Fitness provides two great apps to help you in your fitness journey. The Workout app allows you to build workouts and fitness plans from a library of in-built exercises. It also provides a new Remote Coaching feature which is explained in the video below.
The Anytime Fitness app lets you keep track of your membership details, how often you’ve visited the gym and links to apps and devices like Fitbit and MyFitnessPal / MapMyFitness.
Anytime Fitness Opening Hours
Anytime Fitness is open for you to train 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Staffed hours are limited however and you will need to check with your local club if you require staff support.
Anytime Fitness Pricing Guide
Startup costs are $169 including a $99 joining fee and a $70 access card fee. Some of these fees can be waived from time to time so remember to ask about special offers.
Ongoing costs vary depending on your plan and location but usually range from $65-$71 per month.
Anytime Fitness provides 7 day free trials for new members.
Anytime Fitness Membership
All the terms and conditions of membership are included in the standard Anytime Fitness Membership Agreement. As each club is individually owned, they may have slightly different terms and conditions so you should always read and confirm your own clubs’ Membership Agreement. For the standard agreement, some of the key points to note are:
- There is a 7 day cooling off period which means you can cancel your contract with no penalty within 7 days of the start date.
- You must wait 31 days before you can access clubs other than your ‘home’ club.
- If you use another club more than your ‘home’ club for at least 2 consecutive 30 day periods, your membership may be transferred to that club. This may impact your membership fees if they are different to those of your ‘home’ club.
- You can cancel your contract for medical reasons (serious illness or permanent physical incapacity) if approved by a doctor. You will need to pay an administration fee which is equal to 1 month of membership fees.
- You can cancel for non-medical reasons but will need to pay a cancellation fee. This is the higher of 50% of the membership fees due for the remainder of the minimum term of your contract or 1 month of membership fees.
- Once you’ve completed the minimum term of your contract, you can cancel any time with 30 days written notice.
- You can put your membership on hold up to twice a year for a total of 3 months. There may be a fee of $2.50 per week for this service. You must put your membership on hold for a minimum of one month at a time. You can extend the hold period for travel, hardship or health reasons if proof is provided.
Minimum Joining Age
Most Anytime Fitness clubs allow 16 and 17 year olds to join with consent from a parent or guardian as long as you agree to a set of special conditions designed for safety. To check which clubs allow 16-17 year olds to join, view the list of Approved Clubs.
Anytime Fitness is Great For People Who…
- Are looking for a low cost, good quality gym with a relaxed atmosphere
- Need convenience and flexibility for both training times and locations
- Are self-sufficient and not looking for the ‘frills’ associated with more expensive health clubs
Avoid Anytime Fitness If You…
- Are lacking confidence and require lots of support without the cost of a personal trainer
- Would like to do group training classes like yoga, pilates, spin/RPM, etc
Individual Cardio TrainingA variety of cardio equipment is available for individual training
Individual Weight TrainingA variety of free and machine weights are available for individual training
Functional TrainingFunctional training zones and equipment are available
Personal TrainersClubs have multiple personal trainers with a variety of specialisations
Swimming PoolSwimming pools are not available for Anytime Fitness members
Bootcamp ClassesBootcamp programs are not available
CrossFit ClassesSupervised CrossFit classes are not available
Pilates ClassesPilates classes are not available
Yoga ClassesYoga classes are not available
H.I.I.T. ClassesHIIT classes are not available
24/7 Access24/7 access is available but staffed hours are limited. Check with your local club
Shower FacilitiesPrivate shower and change facilities are available
Female Only AreasThere are no female only training areas
Child MindingChild minding facilities are not provided
Kids ProgramsThere are no programs for children under the age of 16